This page is here to help provide our coaches new and old with information to help make their job easier!
Returning Coaches: Please help our new and up and coming coaches – if you have practice schedules, drills you use, tips for coaching, etc. that you would like to share with them to help them teach our game, please e-mail them to email@example.com and we will post them here.
- RCFHA League Handbook (Jan 29, 2024) – The League Handbook contains everything a coach or parent of a player needs to know about the league, game rules, code of conduct, etc.
- Rules Amendment 2023/2024 (Oct 2023) – Additional amendments to the rules (per League Handbook above)
- RCFHA Development Practice Plan (Sept. 2014) – The Development Practice Plan is a guide geared for new coaches but may be useful to all coaches. It outlines how to structure your practices to help your players have fun while learning the skills required for our game. If you have any suggestions to improve on this please let us know.
- Team Parity Overview – RCFHA is making great efforts to improve team parity to prevent lop-sided scores, and “stacked” teams year after year. RCFHA takes team parity seriously and we expect players and parents to respect both the need for such rules as well as the need to limit any exceptions. We firmly believe that it is in all of the player’s best interest to have reasonably balanced teams that increase the level of competition for everyone. The Team Parity Guidelines are part of the Coaches Handbook above but we have also added a Parity Overview document below for quick reference.
- RCFHA Coach Code of Conduct (Oct. 31, 2023) – All head and assistant coaches must read, sign and return to the league the Coach Code of Conduct form. Failure to do so will result in immediate suspension from coaching duties.
- RCFHA Incident Report Form (Nov. 30, 2023) – Use this form to report any unacceptable incidents taking place at either gym. This includes misconduct from players, coaches, parents or spectators that violates the rules or league code of conduct above and beyond regular penalty infractions. Send the completed form to the Referee-In-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the incident.
- RCFHA Injury Report Form (Nov. 30, 2023) – This form must be completed for each case where an injury is sustained at an RCFHA sanctioned practice, game or or other event. Send the completed form to the Referee-In-Chief at email@example.com within 24 hours of the incident.
- Captain’s Code of Conduct (Jan 5, 2024) – All captains for the adult division must read, sign and return to the league the Captain’s Code of Conduct form.
Criminal Record Check – RCFHA requires that all coaches, assistant coaches or any parent or volunteer that may spend time alone with kids – to have a Criminal Record Check done before they are permitted to hold these roles. The process can now be done online using the information below. There is no cost to the volunteer.
If for some reason you are unable to complete the CRC online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a paper form which can be taken to the Richmond RCMP office.
Go to the Justice Ministry:
Enter Access Code: CZZH9GLPKT