All registered players in Grade 1 through 12 (Mites through Bantam) are required to attend the RCFHA Player Evaluations on Saturday, September 21st at Burnett Secondary.
Please note the following important information:
- Players that are not yet registered are still allowed to attend evaluations (please let the registration desk know if you are not yet registered)
- If teams need re-balancing after the season has started, it may be necessary to swap players between teams. Players to be moved will be chosen in this order:
- Players that did not attend evaluations and were not registered by September 21st will be the first to be moved
- Players that did not attend evaluations but were registered by September 21st will be second in line to be moved
- Players that did evaluate but were not registered by September 21st will be the last to be moved
These are not tryouts but just a simple assessment of each player’s skill and experience level which will help us to form more balanced and fair teams. Players simply need to come out and play like they would at any regular season game.
The evaluation will involve playing in a short scrimmage with players in the same age bracket, followed by some simple skills drills in the small gym. New players are encouraged to review the rules on our website however, penalties and running fouls will not be called, but may be pointed out to the player as necessary. Players should wear their knee and shin pads (new players unsure of equipment, please see our FAQ on our website).
Players will be taken in on a first come first serve basis so please arrive early for your division’s time slot. All players must register upon arrival at their designated time for their division as listed below in order to participate:
Saturday, September 21st:
Mites (2011/2012/2013) – 9:00am
PeeWee (2005/2006) – 10:30am
Junior Squirts (2009/2010) – 11:30am
Bantam (2002/2003/2004) – 1:00pm
Senior Squirts (2007/2008) – 2:00pm